Monopoly question?

In monopoly you have the chance and community chest piles. One of the cards is the ‘You are assessed for street repairs: Pay $40 per house and $115 per hotel you own’ question. There’s been many family arguments over this so I want to see what you all think. Say I have 4 houses on a property and I’ve then bought a hotel so I’ve handed the houses back to the bank, do I pay street repairs just for the hotel or for them 4 houses I’ve handed back to the bank too??

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

You pay for what you have at the time you draw the card. The houses are gone. You don't have them. You have the hotel.

just the hotel....unless they want to pay you 1,000 for landing on your space with the hotel plus $800 for those 4 houses.

You pay only for the houses or hotels you have at that moment.

You pay only for the hotel.

You pay only for the active buildings you have on the board at the time of getting the card.