Evan asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 2 months ago

Can you be a zodiac sign but also characteristics of another sign?

I am virgo and i behave like virgo.....

Yes!

Sun MoonRising

You have a sun sign and your RISING sign. The rising sign is found by having your birth time and birth place. They do have a general one if you don't know your birth time, but it won't be as accurate as providing the time. (Google horoscopes - there are many who do this for free) My sun sign is Leo and my rising sign is Scorpio. In answer to your question - yes, I have parts of the Leo personality as well as Scorpio. My brother told me his rising sign, and it didn't surprise me at all. Over a decade later, one of my kids told me her rising sign. THAT gave my head a spin. I always said she was a clone of my brother - she has the same rising sign as my brother! The tricky bit is the rising sign is on a cusp. Don't knock it till you really look into it. 

Yeah. If say for example, Scorpio is only your sun sign, and is not present in any other placement, and you actually have lots of placements in say Sagittarius (Moon, Mercury, and, Venus), or a lot of positions in the 9th house, then you may be more of a Sagittarius than a Scorpio. 

• Janet

Your "zodiac sign" is ONLY the Sign that Sun appeared to be moving through when you were born. It is properly called your SUN Sign and it is the only planet whose location follows calendar dates.

So it is easy to find, and therefore easy to make money from writing about it .. but it is NOT what astrology is about.

In astrology we are primarily interested in all 10 "planets" (Sun included), and especially in how these planets interact (specific distances, called "aspects" indicate how these planets interact within us).

We ARE our planets, which each representing a different facet of our personality

Yes you are right about other Signs. Everyone has ALL 12 zodiac signs in their birthchart. But the Signs that were moving over any of the 4 Cardinal directions at the moment we were born, as seen from where we were born ... AS well as those Signs that had any of the 10 planets moving through them .. these are the Signs that have the most influence on us.

If you are interested in your unique astrological influences on what goes on inside of you, do up your natal chart (birth chart). No two people have identical birthcharts. You will need:

(1) the EXACT time you were born (4 minutes can make a difference, so get it off a birthcertificate or from hospital records)

(2) the full birthdate, including year

(3) the name of the city/town of birth (the computer will automatically convert that into longitude and latitude .. your birthchart is a map of the sky as it appeared at a moment in time as viewed FROM a spot on earth, so location is important too).

I recommend either alabe.com or cafeastrology.com for doing up a free birthchart for you or anyone else. You do NOT need to put in your name, and I suggest that you can protect your personal information more if you use some word OTHER than your actual name. The name has no impact on calculating the birthchart.

(2)

• Snoopy

No. You can't even be your own sign in theory. 

Yes, its very common.

Many characteristics are simillar to anorher sign

• Butterfly2 months agoReport

Of course, because your Sun moves one degree every year, so if let's say you were born when the Sun is in 5 degree Aries, you will be a Taurus once you turn 26 years old because your Sun will be in 1 degree Taurus, your Sun will leave Aries when you are 24 years old because 5+24= 29 (last degree).

• Kathy

Zodiac signs do not give people their characteristics.

• Snoopy

They sure don't give you any. Lol. 

Astrology is magic not nature and no statistics exist for magic.

Take notice that we’re in the entertainment section. Have you looked at the past questions? Lots of weasel words and lies. Who’s answer do you accept? Think professionals hang out here giving freebies? Wouldn’t seeing and paying an astrologer be far better than any of us?

Did you get a science education or do you just want nonsense to be true?

Edit: To the comments: Show it works and how it works.