promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to surrender myself to the almighty?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Do as the Bible says and you will be safe with Jesus.  Surrendering to Almighty God is wonderful, you will never regret it.   Jesus said, "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear My voice and open the door - (of your heart) - I will come into him and will sup with him and he with me (Revelation 3:20). This means humbly realizing you are a sinner and you need God's saving grace in your life.

You see God won't force Himself upon you but if you get on your knees, totally submitting to God Almighty by being humble in recognition of your sins needing to be forgiven, repent (that means turning from your old life of sin & asking God to forgive you for all the wrong thoughts and deeds you have committed in the past), and invite Jesus to come into your heart and cleanse you and be your Saviour, He will - because Jesus died on the Cross for this very purpose; therefore Jesus will be faithful to come into your heart and save you. The Bible is specific that "If you confess your sins, God is faithful and just to forgive you your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness " (1 John 1:9).

If we didn't have all this isolating ourselves at the moment, you could then be water baptized by full immersion, either in the river or baptismal at Church or pool of some kind, because Jesus told the Church to, "Baptize those who believe in the Name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe - (that's obey), all things whatsoever I have commanded, and lo I will be with you always, even unto the end of the age" (Matthew 28: 19 & 20). Peter confirmed this when he said, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38). Water baptism is obedience after you believe, and God gives His (Holy) Spirit to those who obey Him (Acts 5:32).  When Jesus comes to dwell in your heart as Revelation 3:20 indicates, He doesn't come in the flesh to live in you of course, but He enters you by His Spirit - Holy Spirit - that is who comes in, and your body then becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit who will be in you, whom you will have from God, and after that you will no longer be your own, for you were bought at a price - therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's"  (1 Corinthians 6:19 & 20).  Once Holy Spirit is in you, do not grieve Him and He will seal you unto the full day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).  During water baptism, you 'die' with Christ, and are 'buried' with Christ by baptism into death, and then you have the assurance that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so you will also walk in newness of life, for if you have been united together in the likeness of Christ's death, for certain you will also be in His resurrection, knowing this, that during your water baptism, your old man -(that's the old Adamic sin nature which we are all born with in the sinful flesh) will be crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with and made inoperative, so that you will no longer be a slave of sin (Romans 6:2 - 6).  Before we are saved this way, we are all walking in Satan's kingdom of darkness, but once you repent of your sins and God forgives you, He will deliver you OUT OF Satan's kingdom of darkness and translate you INTO Christ's kingdom, the Son of His love (Colossians 1:13).  In addition, you will no longer be on the wide road to DESTRUCTION, where Hell's fire and torment is your destiny, but you will then be walking on the NARROW, DIFFICULT road to everlasting life (Matthew 7: 13 & 14).  Therefore, heaven will be your destiny

• 2 months ago

James chapter 4 and verse 8 says: Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones.

Note that this is a two-way process.a As we take steps to draw close to God, he takes action toward us. 

You can start by prayer. Letting him know how you feel. Then when you read the Bible your listening to his answer. A good start is Psalms. Then Matthew. You decide the important thing is your trying. You can go to JW.org there they have many different Bibles you can read online. Also they answer your Bible questions. For example “ How to pray and be heard by God. 

Source(s): Those who God wants he draws them.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You need to build up a relationship with Him. Pray incessantly , read your Bible daily and ask Him to open up your mind to understand what you read . The gospel book of John is a good place to start . 

You also have to embrace Jesus as your savior. 

There are some excellent websites on line that can help you grow close to Our God and Savior.I recommend 119 Ministries. Lion and Lamb ministries. Paul Nisan, Torah life ministries. Alpha and omega productions and even Koinonia House to name but a few.

• 2 months ago

Try doing as he says.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Surrendering your entire life to God is the hardest thing to do and I have not been able to do it yet but I have tried several times in the past and failed. First repent for any sin that you know you have committed and then for any that you are not aware of. Next, commit each and every day to reading the bible even if it is a chapter a day and praying. Then try to find a church to attend and a fellowship group for Christian singles that you can attend, practice what you learn from the word of God each and every day, volunteer for a worthy cause to show love for your fellow man. Thank God each and every day for all the blessings he has bestowed upon you. If you and I both do these things, we will be pleasing unto God. Hope this helps some!

• Ko
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Know who you are, be who you are.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

By reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity, even after you've succeeded in giving yourself to God entirely.

• Phil
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

What a waste of life.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Suspend critical judgement. Join a church. Easy peasey Japanesey.

• 2 months ago

Obey: 1. (OT) The Lord said listen to Judah, but people listened to Levi. 2. (NT) The Lord said listen to Simon Peter Barjona, but people listens to Saul/Paul and the pope.

• Kin
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Supplicate to Allah and seek His help, seek His guidance if you are sincere. Allah alone is worthy of such surrender & worship. Invoke God alone with His Beautiful Names, Asma Al-Husna and say 'Ya Hadi', 'Ya Rahim', 'Ya Mu'min' and make supplication. A Muslim, is one who surrenders to the will of God willingly and peacefully surrenders. Only Allah can guide you if He wishes to and you should ask Allah Almighty. You're welcome to watch couple of fascinating links related to your question that I hope to post later in the comments, be sure to see them and check. Its really fascinating.

• ...Show all comments
    • Kin
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

No? I didn't, I tried emailing you days ago and gave up because your email doesn't work anymore.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.