What's one good reason not to believe in Jesus?
- EverardLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
Cos he's dead .. if he ever existed.
I should have added my list but I was on my phone...
The Jews wrote the rules for their Messiah.
Saul-Paul wrote his stuff so that his bloke fit different parts of the prophesy...
BUT he missed a few.
Following is a list of stuff the Messiah had to fulfil in his own lifetime.
Jebus failed the test… no second chances.
He had no tribal lineage tracing himself to King David and Solomon.
One of the criteria for being the Jewish Messiah (Thanks Yoel)
*The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)
* Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)
* The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)
* He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)
* The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)
* Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)
* Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)
* He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)
* All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)
* Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)
* There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
* All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
* The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)
* He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)
* Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)
* The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)
* The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)
* Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)
* The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot
* He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)
* Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)
* He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)
* He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9)
- PubliusLv 72 months ago
[Crickets chirp in background]
There isn't one.
- RalphLv 72 months ago
The fact of the matter: There is not one good reason not to believe or have faith in God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, because he is the only one that can give us eternal life, or eternal death, one or the other.Source(s): King James holy bible
- PaulLv 72 months ago
There isn't one that I can think of. He clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 2 months ago
There is no reason not to believe in Jesus.
- Chi girlLv 72 months ago
There are none. Thanks for asking.Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
- tennLv 72 months ago
There's no independent evidence of any of the supernatural stories in the gospels.
- 2 months ago
He had no tribal lineage tracing himself to King David and Solomon. One of the criteria for being the Jewish Messiah.Source(s): Orthodox Jew
- RodLv 52 months ago
Free will. It is a CHOICE God has given the human race to either believe in his only begotten Son Jesus Christ for their salvation (John 3:16 &1Cor 15:1-4) or to reject him ---atheists say Jesus Christ never existed while the religions of this world say he was a only a good man or in the case of the christian sects -- just believing in him by faith is not enough.
- KinLv 52 months ago
None, The Prophet-messiah Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, is one of the Prophets of God and I believe in him as the Prophet-messiah sent by God. Disbelieving in any of the Prophets of God including Prophet-messiah Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him, is unacceptable for a believer because that would mean you are a disbeliever if you disbelieve in any of the Prophets or any other truths and beliefs of faith from God.