Bobby asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

How is cyclist Lance Armstrong making an income since he is an exile?

If I was Lance Armstrong I would commit suicide, their is nothing to live for since the media already crucified him for testing positive in steroids and admitted he cheated in tour de france. His net worth is 50 million dollars, but it is unknown how will he make an income since he is banished from cycling. It is not like he has a fall back plan. He is too well known, mostly he probably would live in a homeless shelter and be homeless since no one can hire him. I hardly doubt he can get a manual labor job if he is too recognized.

• Carlos

He made 50 million over his career he can technically just take 10 million and live from the interest rates each year and gain 100,000 to 250,000 dollars a year .

And doesn't Lance Armstrong have a few other business ventures that bring him income but I would just sit on my duff and waste away most retired pro athletes do commercials and investments into what they love or is best .

If I had $50 million in my retirement account, I'd retire yesterday.

• If his net worth is $50mm then he's set for life and doesn't have to work another day in his life. I'm sure he's able to do the rubber chicken circuit (paid speeches and the like). $50K to tell the Midwest Soybean Farmers Cooperative why he was wrong to cheat isn't a bad way to go about things (do a few of those a year and he's liquid).

Bobby-Boo, you have any number of very visible mental health issues.  I do prefer the question where you buy a circus and hire ex-cons.  Or become an LPI and hire ex-cons.

I suspect that 50 million will provide for Lance Armstrong for life.

He is a co-founding partner of Next Ventures, an investment firm focusing on the health and wellness industry. He also launched WEDŪ, an endurance-sports brand.

He is a peace with his past mistakes.

If only I had the problem of trying to figure out how I'm going to live comfortable on $50,000,000.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • David

What time warp have you been living in if you think anyone is still interested in Lance Armstrong?

And why do you call him an exile?

Exile means ”not allowed in one’s home country.”.

Care to explain how that would apply to LA?

As to how he makes money today - he made loads and loads BITD. And he couldn’t be sued out of everything. Properly invested, that money will still be making money for him.

I could live very comfortably off 50 MILLION dollars.  How about you?  Next...if you looked at his web page you find that today he's into venture capital firm designs.  Third, you've got the drugs all mixed him.  I believe he took steroids recuperating from testicular cancer but NOT when racing.  When racing, he was "doping", which includes human growth harmones, like erythropoietin.  And also blood transfusions spiked with extra oxygen.  https://www.britannica.com/biography/Lance-Armstro...

I agree he's scum for what he did in the past.  But if you're gonna criticize someone, at least get the facts straight.