Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

Could the state be waiting on me to sign my adoption paperwork? Louisiana?

A friend of mines who lives in another state not Louisiana. Her guardians tried to adopt her. And her mom showed up n stopped the process. But my friend still lived with her guardians even after age 18 years old and never left their home. Both Guardians died. After their death she went and talked to the agency and her lawyer who said she can now sign herself bc they have been waiting on her to do that but she never knew and no one never contacted her to tell her. And now she is adopted. 

Same thing happened to me but im not adopted. Could i do the same thing? My deceased guardians tried to adopt me for years and my case was never closed as far as I know. Could they be waiting for me to sign??? I dont know im just asking.

Favorite Answer

Adopting minors and adults are different legal procedures. A judge signs the adoption order. It's a court thing, anonymous troll.