Danae Beach asked in PetsCats · 1 week ago

What breed is my cat?

I have no idea what her breed is. I've always thought she was an American Shorthair, but I feel like I'm wrong. 

• 7 days ago

She would be a Domestic Shorthair, color is a dilute calico. You have seen the bright bold calico color also, she is a dilute.

• Ocimom
    1 week ago

She is a lovely domestic shorthair.  Color  is dilute calico.

• 1 week ago

Probably just mixed breed, mostly American shorthair--along with a lot of other things. Unless you have papers defining her breed, she is almost 100% certain to be greatly mixed.

• 1 week ago

In that picture she may look upset or anxious, but I assure you, she is fine. 

• 1 week ago

With ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY I can tell you your cat is a DOMESTIC shorthair - a cat of no breed or mix like over 97% of cats.  It looks NOTHING like an American Shorthair.  THIS is what they look like.

Domestics are NOT "mixed breed" cats.  Pedigreed cats tend to be sold altered so domestics don't tend to have ANY breeds in their history.

Hard to tell in that lighting but is that black or dark gray in the coat?  If it's gray then your cat's coat is called Blue Tortie and White.  I have an Exotic Shorthair with the same coat.  

Source(s): I show in TICA and volunteer as a Ring Clerk so see pedigreed cats all the time. One of my friends is also an American Shorthair breeder.
  • 1 week ago

Can’t exactly tell from this angle, but I’m assuming she is either an American Shorthair or Cyprus cat. Or she could have been crossbred.

• ZotsRule
      1 week agoReport

OMG NEITHER!  You don't have a clue!!!!

• 1 week ago

Unless you buy a purebred cat with papers..  Your cat is a NO BREED, generic domestic cat

• 1 week ago

Few cats are any specific breed, unless they've been specially bred. They aren't fussy who they mate with and you get what you get. She just looks a pretty little cat, albeit a bit nervous in the picture. Probably just an ordinary domestic moggy, and none the worse for it.

• Shay
    1 week ago

She would actually be a "domestic short hair" which is basically a polite way to call a cat a "mutt".

She has no actual breed.  She does have the calico pattern - but that just describes her markings.  (very pretty too)  

• Makes sense. Yes, she is very pretty. I let her know every day. ^-^

• *****
    1 week ago

Domestic Short Hair, which basically means it's a short-haired cat of no particular breed.