Have you ever seen a bad wheel bearing that passed the test...zero play in wheel jacked up...both sides.?

I'm hearing a rotational noise not exactly like a helicopter but it's a rotating noise it's pretty bad. It doesn't while driving straight ahead I know it's not the CV axle.

It makes the noise while driving straight that's a Miss type above.

Favorite Answer

I've seen plenty of bad wheel bearings and hub assemblies that were noisy but didn't have play in them I've also had play in the bearings and no noise.

If it's a front wheel drive vehicle you can jack up the front and put the frame on jack stands and then have someone run the motor and put the tranny in drive to spin the wheels to listen to the bearings with a stethoscope if need be. Just make sure the person in the drivers seat presses the brake pedal to stop the tires from spinning before trying to put the transmission back in PARK or you'll destroy the parking pawl.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

If the bearing is noisy, it needs changing. It may not have play in it now, but that will come.

Of course. Many tight wheel bearings make noise and get swapped out for that. 

• arther

if its rooted and too tight after you cleaned and regressed it may appear with the eye to run true but its making a noise its rooted don't you wish you replaced them when you had them off? pull it apart inspect and fix as required set up your dial gauge correctly this time