promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
patty
Lv 6
patty asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 3 weeks ago

so many are dying in Italy due to the Chinese virus. WHy?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Will
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Poor healthcare, elderly, and because everyone lives together. As soon as one family member gets it they pass it on to their entire family that lives in a single building.

• ...Show all comments
    • SCMandell2 weeks agoReport

Yes, I lived in Pisa for a few years and helath care there was, once you got past the unkempt hospital exteriors in some cases, quite good. I dealt with cardiologists, ENT's, EMT's, etc. Some really good people.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

a) there are many Chinese tourists in Italy

b) many businesses in Italy are Chinese-owned

c) people entering Italy from China (or other countries) were not screened/quarantined upon arrival

• patty
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

makes sense

• 3 weeks ago

I live in Italy and I can tell you the reasons why my country is the worst hit by coronavirus and many people are currently dying due to it.

Two weeks ago the government chose to impose a national quarantine to reduce the risk of being infected and to reduce the spread of the virus in Italy.

So, all the public events were banned, schools and universities were closed and going out is allowed even for necessaries. 

Unfortunately, several people couldn't accept to stay at home for a whole month, avoiding contacts with relatives and friends so they carry on going out or meet with people anyway. Lots of people got also arrested for this reason.

Moreover, the government imposed the lockdown too late, in fact until that day all the restaurants, bars, pubs and shops were open and that allowed the spread of the virus.

Other reasons are the elderly and the poor healthcare in some regions, expecially in the South of Italy.

• Pontus
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

COVID-19 (Chinese virus is improper).  

Because Italy was too slow to implement severe social distancing. By the time they shut down the whole country, it was too late. 

The virus spreads more quickly than most people were prepared to understand.  Its threat was downplayed. 

The lesson is that countries need to "over" react early.  It's better to be too cautious early, than risk people dying. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There is no "the chinese virus". The people dying in Italy are victims of pneumonia, caused by a coronavirus called covid-19. it spread there *fast* because the Italians have a culture with a lot of touching eachother

Don't worry, covid-19 is coming to your village too. Just give it a few weeks or months. Reducing your contact with other people can slow down the spread and prevent a lot of inconveniences

• Catherine
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Yep Zirp! KEEP SAFE! 

• 3 weeks ago

Because they asked Trump for advice.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Another part is that they have a LOT of cases and the medical system is overwhelmed trying to treat the portion of the infected who develop respiratory issues.

• 3 weeks ago

The median age in Italy is 45.5 contrasted to America's 38.1.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.