promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

What moral systems might an atheist follow since it doesn't follow God's moral system?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hedonism, Kantianism, Utilitarianism -- many different ones. The problem with all philosophical systems is that they have a strictly temporal point of view. They don't take eternity into account.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Doc
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Confusious came up with the golden rule centuries before Jesus showed up. He was human.which proves you don't need a god to be moral. So we decide on our own system. And it's worked pretty good.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"Morals" of human convenience, which God certainly does not recognize, nor do those who are close to God.

• 2 months ago

That's a good question. As a practical answer most just embrace the one they were raised with and surrounded by. There are however several different secular moral systems. From modern ones such as secular humanism that views humanity achievement as the ultimate goal to Objectivist that views the individual as paramount to old school buddha that views reduction of human misery as the main goal. To ones more common last century that viewed the state as the supreme.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

They have a moral system, as you put it, that permits them to do wrong but not others.

• 2 months ago

-If one argues, as some deeply religious individuals do, that without God there can be no ultimate right and wrong - namely that God determines for us what is right and wrong - one can then ask the question: What is God decreed that rape and murder were morally acceptable ? Would that make them so ?

While some might answer yes, I think most believers would say no, God would not make such a decree. But why not ? Presumably because God would have some *reason* for not making such a decree. Again, presumably this is because *reason* suggests that rape and murder are not morally acceptable. But if God would have to appeal to *reason*, then why not eliminate the middleman entirely ?- Lawrence Krauss, A Universe From Nothing, Pgs 171-172.

It figures that a religitard has no clue about what reason is.

Attachment image
  • I follow what makes the most sense to me. I don't get morals from a book, I work out dilemmas in my head for what seems right. It's not always easy, but I get by.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The same one you must follow, it is called the law of the land.  there is no higher law than that one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Anything but the sucular systems which allow scum like you 

to think that you can dictate what others should believe. 

So let us watch as your little 'god' allows you to sarcastically 

berate those who do not hold the same beliefs as you do. 

Your little 'god' must make you feel big and strong!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We don't need an imaginary friend to tell us right from wrong, you fuсking dumbass.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.