Anonymous

Why is rap music so bad?

Favorite Answer

Because the morons who "sing" it are mentally disabled bastards who think gang rape and school shootings are the best things in the world.

• yes2 months agoReport

I want to say that you are mentaly disabled and a freak for generalizing those who sing rap. Look at eminem. You are why toilet paper is out of markets. You just listen to all the fake news and stuff

Rap music in and of itself is not bad. Some people perform it badly. Rap has become crude and unappreciated by most people intolerant of the African American community and/or are older.  But there are distinctive rhythms that are compelling and rhymes that are engaging.  

I decided I was going to get to know rap a few months ago. I found multiple lists of best rap music.  After listening to about 50 rap songs, I concluded I just did not like it.  I grew some appreciation for certain aspects of it, but did not encounter one song I really wanted to listen to again. Rap is a very powerful vehicle to make a personal statement. I did not appreciate most of the statements I heard. A sign of being an old white hippie feminist, I suppose.

Most likely this is your perception, linked to the fact you have good taste.

• Peter

It isn't music.

I hate rap because the vocals suck, the music sucks, the atmosphere sucks, and the lyrics suck.

its (c)rap............................

• xg6

because it lacks melody and a musical background and instead has just some spare beats that add nothing. Rap back in the 80s was great but something happened around 1990 and the sound went down hill since then

• I disagree that it lacks melody.  Most of it yes, all no. There is actually a genre of rap called melodic rap. 

Raw unfocused anger and lack of any real musical talent.

Cause its crap...

depends who u ask. why is this question in politics tho?? 

I don't mind some rap, but some of it is just too much lol

I love it

they glorify the

N word, rape and cop killing