Why does my Google Chrome browser says "Your connection is not private"?

Why does my Google Chrome browser says "Your connection is not private" when I try to open certain websites? It does not show this irritating warning for all the websites I want to visit, but only a few of them, most are started with HTTPS in the address URL.

I have tried a few solutions I found on the internet, including this one, but none of them are helped.

https://bytebitebit.com/687/your-connection-is-not...

Some people suggest me to update the date and time, which did not work at all. I also have tried to open those websites on other web browsers, but it seems those sites will not load.

Help will be appreciated!

Favorite Answer

You get this error message when you are trying to connect to insecure websites or websites that have invalid SSL certificates. Without getting into super technical details, an SSL certificate is something used by websites to prove their identity. If a website doesn't have a valid SSL certificate (revoked, expired, etc) then you get this error message upon connecting. 

There's really nothing you can do to fix this other than notifying the people in charge of the website/server. Just be advised that connecting to insecure web servers is not a good idea, especially if you enter information, like login details.

No I am having a lot of trouble myself. I guess I am going to have to use foxfire so my grand daughter and do her school assignments. Google chrome just isn't cutting it as far as I am concerned.every since I made it my default engine it hasn't worked. was having some trouble with it before that. I am thinking maybe delete my account and start over with it. or something else. I am very disappointed with Google Chrome at this  time. 

Are you using Wi-F? If so the modem you are connected to may not be password protected.