promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can I foster/or adopt my ex husbands baby that has gone into care? ?

My ex husband and I separated 3 years ago due to DV. I already have 4 children that he fathers. He is not in the picture, doesnt know where I live and I'm about 4 hours away from where he lives. He got into a relationship shortly after I left and had another baby with the girl. They broke up and she the baby got taken into care. The baby is about 2 and half now and as far as I know she is still in care. My question is can I apply to foster or adopt her as I feel that I could give her a loving and stable home along with her brothers and sisters so that she remains with her family? 

Thanks in advance for your answers 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Can you contact DSS? Why yes. Have you heard of the freedom of speech thingy?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

How are we going to know, when you fail to mention basic relevant information, like what country's laws you're asking about?

• Melissa2 months agoReport

Apologies I'm in the uk

• 2 months ago

The child may or may not become legally available for adoption, but you are welcome to contact the social service office in their county and see if you can provide foster care for the child since you have her biological siblings.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Talk to a lawyer.....

There are no universal adoption laws.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, you can. I'm sure the organization caring for her right now would be open to letting her live with you, and her siblings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.