help controlling diabetes 2 without prescriptions.  Any type of vitamin or over the counter help.?

Diet and exercise- Plenty of info at the official American diabetes website site

Educating yourself is the Key

https://www.diabetes.org/

• I 100% agree with diet and exercise. I also 100% disagree with the American Diabetes Associations suggestions on how to handle it. They are nowhere near as aggressive as a typical endocrinologist would recommend.

My answer not going to sit well with a lot of folks on here, but I know it works because, at my last check-up, my doctor declared me diabetes-free.

Everyone (including the medical profession) focuses on eating certain foods and/or taking medication for diabetes and every other adverse health issue. Everyone agrees that the body needs to stay in a proper balance, but stops short when the mention of water comes into it.

The fact is, water makes up around 75% of the body. It's that much because every function in the body is regulated by water, and so it has to be made available at all times.

The medical profession considers water to be an inert substance with no medicinal value. They show their lack of knowledge by advising people to "drink fluids" as opposed to drinking water. "Fluids" are not the same as water and they don't function like water in the body. When you drink "fluids" you're depriving yourself of the water needed to regulate all of the body's functions.

In addition to water, salt is needed. It also helps to regulate blood sugar. Stay properly hydrated and don't be afraid of salt.

These are a vital part of maintaining the proper balance in the body, and they're also the most over-looked part (ignored by the medical profession). People try to compensate for it with their never-ending search for the right combination of solid food when the answer is in the water and salt that regulates everything.

• Janet

No vitamin.

BUT changing your eating habits, losing extra weight, and regular daily exercise can turn it around if you are new to Type 2 diabetes.

I booked an appointment with a nutritionist who specialized in diabetes, and learned what, when and how to eat .. and lost 45 pounds .. and walked a mile every day.

3 Months later my blood sugar was normal and it has stayed normal so far over the past 9 months.

I cannot guarantee it will work for you, since everyone's body is different. But it is far preferable to medications, regular finger lancing, and especially to needing insulin.

No vitamin will help diabetes but if you stick a low calorie root diet it will help, in fact Google the Newcastle diet and it gives the details  but meantime I will stick to my healthy eating and exercise and take my daily diabetic meds.

Diet and exercise will do it if the diabetes is caused by obesity. Doing so while lowering your dose of meds gradually can help control your sugar. But you need to be very careful and do this under the supervision of a doctor.

If it's not, then there's no recovery. Without medication to bring your sugar down, you'll go into hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome. It will cause you to be very sick and eventually lose consciousness and possibly die.

• W

No. Do what your doctor says.