what are getting a lot of tattoos indicating toward mental health wise? ?

• Mystic

Nothing. Mental health is irrelevant to having or not having a tattoo. Mental illness impacts MANY people with AND without tattoos.

If you get a tat, you have to much time on your hand or your bored! 

• Mystic
      1 month agoReport

Take the time to learn the difference between "your" and "you're" instead of worrying about judging others you illiterate fool.

Either... 

A) If you have a lot of mismatched ones and you are very young: you are impulsive and unstable. You are running to something in the hopes of freeing yourself from the stress of your past. 

B) If you have a lot of carefully blended tattoos that work well together: you are interesting and know what you want out of life. You know your body and mind well. 

C) You have many tattoos at different stages of aging: You have lived a long life and like to mark certain aspects of who you are and were down forever. You feel lost without something tangible to tie your sense of identity together. You also fear losing things that you value. 

Antisocial personality disorder.

• LM440

Normally, I would see no connection between tattoos and mental health.  I feel that getting a tattoo is a personal style choice that ends there.  

However the aggressive negative comments that tattoo questions bring out here, seem to indicate the choice of tattoo art really riles the mental status of those that dislike tattoos and simply cannot face it as a choice that is just not for them.  Emotional and mental health is not always centered on this subject.

i have one tattoo, just in case of an emergency where i would need it

Source(s): i have one tattoo
  • Kaz

I don't think of tattoo's as a mental health issue.  

Unless they're all over someones face - I think that's too much - and makes me think they might have benefited from some time with a shrink or therapist before they did that to themselves.  (But that's just my opinion - not really any of my business).

It depends on where you get the tattoo. Bottom of your foot - sensual but somewhat introverted. Genitals - free thinker. Rest of the body - average state.

You paid somebody to draw on you. You're a sailor or a moron.

Nothing.  While I think anyone who gets a tatt is stupid that's a personal thing, tattoos indicate nothing about mental health.