Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 2 months ago

Do I need to go to the doctors?

I went through a depressive episode where I didn’t leave my bed for a week and now i’ve been constipated for a couple days. I don’t know what to do really.

You are constipated because you are not exercising. Take a walk, drink water, this will help. Don't sit down for long periods of time. Exercising will help loosen feces in the bowels.  Or you can buy Ex-Lax.... Guaranteed to work overnight.

• Zirp

Eat more fiber and go walk for a few hours. Your doctor may be busy with covid-19

You need to see a doctor for depression that is so bad you didn't leave bed for a week.

Constipation is due to not eating and drinking properly during that period.

Resume normal activity, eat and drink well, it will improve your physical and mental health.

drink a lot of water every few hours. depression and constipation aren't related except that, while you hid out in your bed, you likely ate a very poor diet

i would go to the doctors

• Steve

Fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains (brown rice, whole grain cereal etc.) These have fiber. Just have some plant based food (look at the nutrition label for fiber). 25 grams per day are needed based on a 2,000 calorie diet for adults.