Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 2 months ago

What do you think about vehicle's with loud aftermarket speakers, subwoofers, and loud aftermarket exhaust?

Loud exhaust should be punishable by

drawing, quartering, hanging, and burning at the stake.

Aftermarket isn't the problem with sound systems.

The problem is in how they are operated.

There should be a federal law limiting SPL to 100 dB inside the vehicle

at any frequency with all level controls in the system at maximum.

• If there was an SPL law of 100dB at any frequency inside the vehicle then the car audio would be NO fun for the enthusiast. Having it LOUD and enjoying your operation is a good fun. Especially if you are a car audio enthusiast. We don't do it loud to bother people, it's just the way it is.

• F

I laugh when the output of the stereo (I know it’s my age), is about the same as the engine.

Ghetto cruisers like to blast there junk to make it appear that they have money. They never advertise that they still live at home with their mommy so they don't have to pay any bills.

I’m down for that, it’s my thing but such things need to be used properly and not abused to upset other member of the public, it’s not something everyone likes but each to their and respect should be shown from both parties buts it’s a minority  of idiots that ruin the car scene for us by abusing it and giving it a bad name by upsetting people through anti social use 

In my neighborhood, the owners of such vehicles risk getting their facial bones broken with a baseball bat 

• arther

what a load of rubbish from an Anonymous fool that can't even say who they are. Do you hit them over the back of the head when they aren't looking? 

Go to the worst neighborhoods in any city and that’s where you’ll find most of them. That alone is all the information you need.  

They don't bother me as much as people who put apostrophes in words where they don't belong.

Doesn’t bother me as much as failing to signal or proceed with green lights.

• Jay P

Not what I look for these days but hey, I was young once and my first car had a pretty loud sound system...

• Barry

We all went through that phase when we were young. Or most of us did. They will grow out of it.