Can siblings share clothes?

When I was younger (like 5-11) my parents would try to save money in all kinds of ways. I main one was the water bill. My family only did Landry once a month. Once you were out of clean clothes you would have to share/borrow from my other siblings. I had two sisters and I was the middle child. You can imagine how this would turn out. Some months I would only have to wear there underwear. Sometimes I would be wearing leggings and a flower shirt. It was only for a day or two but it still sucked. 

• 6 hours ago

I don't see how washing clothes once a month would save money on water bills. You'd still have the same amount of clothes to make a load of clothes. So what's wrong with washing clothes when there is a full load to wash?

I don't know either.

if you grow up under tough economic conditions it's very common.  When I was younger I use to borrow my older brother's shirts because he always had really nice looking shirts.  

Troll families all cross dress.

Nope.  No, No, No, No, No.  

• GB

Up to the 1960s in the UK,  many  parents put babies in dresses, whatever their gender. Some put boys into romper suits for day wear, but they would have worn gowns at night.  When clothes were outgrown , they might be kept if in good condition, for the next child.

Of course sibs can share clothes. I have a friend with 4 girls. They swap all the time. They also have a closet with 'communal' clothes that everyone can use as no one person actually owns the garments any longer.

• hurry2 months agoReport

The main question is, can you share clothes between brother and sisters?

• edward

Me and my sister did. I wore some of her old stuff. Things she wore that i could wear later i did.

• edward

Mostly shirts.  One i remember was a nike navy blue shirt with a red trim, half length sleeves.  I wore a pink fire department shirt before it was too small for me that they were giving away at a hockey game.  

It should only happen if need be. When I was 15. My mother made me wear a swimsuit as underwear just for the Plane ride home. It sucks but it was the only option. Do force your son in a dress as a joke! 

I have before. My brother's underwear. But clean, of course. And by the way, sorry to hear that. You sound like you had a worse living condition than I did.

• hurry2 months agoReport

Girls can wear boys clothes. But if a boy wears girls clothes that look silly.