Should I drop out of high school?

I'm 16 and I'm very good at coding. I've done many projects and have made about 10k USD from freelance coding for the past few months now. Should i drop out or not?

I've been coding for like 5 years now

• 21 hours ago

Sure, and I would like fries with that, please.

• Andrea
    6 days ago

I'm going to answer with a big emphatic "No!" 

Anyone I've ever met who has dropped out regretted it. Those who haven't regretted have got to be in the very small minority. If you choose to get your GED later, it can be a chore. Just like in high school, you have to go to classes/learn online and study. It can take several months to prepare for the GED. It takes a lot of motivation to do it, especially if you do it years after high school. Read the quote below and take it into consideration. You may be very talented at coding, but you don't know what the future holds. Financial security usually begins with a high school degree. Get that first and then, explore your options. Good luck!

"Nobel Prize–winning economist James Heckman and colleague Stephen Cameron have found GED holders to be “statistically indistinguishable” from high school dropouts: they’re not significantly more likely to land a job or to have higher hourly wages. Other studies find that GED holders do slightly better than dropouts but still lousy compared with regular high school grads." 

(https://www.city-journal.org/html/geds-aren%E2%80%...

• 7 days ago

No, because proper education can get you a better job by having a diploma but since we have the coronavirus, not many kids have been coming to school. Most of them have been doing online school. 

• Vitani7 days agoReport

Like would if you can't keep a coding job? 

1 week ago

16 and thinking of working?  when I was 24, I never thinking about working.  Just have fun with my GF and friends.   Why young people think so hard about working these days?  

When you work, life is robotic and it is hard to make new friends..... just think twice.

• 1 week ago

I don't think you should decide major life choices based on what people on Yahoo! answers think.

• John

Drop out, as soon as you have a job or an app developed to make you income.

keep coding dude and dont leave school...get enough money to setup ur own business stuff...nd after u can afford living..then leave

As useless as high school is, I would probably finish high school and just skip college. If you are in a hurry to leave, there is also the GED option that two of my nephews did just because they did not like high school, but needed it for the military. Since you are close to finishing, I would one way or the other. People like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs finished their high school but dropped out of college to pursue their dreams.

Not sure, I think a lot of jobs in coding require degrees. 

• Rick B

Sure. You can certainly live off random $10K freelance gigs with no benefits. No problem!!!!

SMH!

• John
      2 weeks agoReport

And there's also freelance gigs and work. You may  know how to code, cause well it's pretty simple to learn to copy and paste from the internet, but the question is do you know why you're coding the way you are.