Does my husband have to go to work if governor says stay home?

The governor of our state told businesses to close that are non-essential for 30 days. My husbands work said I don’t care what governor said ill see you tomorrow. Does he still have to go?

we have no idea what your husband does for work, do we? truck drivers, for example, may well be essential -- food has to get delivered to the stores somehow

• Rick B

If he wants to keep his job. Who pays his salary, his boss or the governor?

He is free to fight it, but he would end up looking for a new job at some point.

Why does he not want to go to work and continue to get paid??? Does he have severe lung issues that put him at risk?

• mathew2 months agoReport

No but we do have babies at home,but you have a point. I guess we are just scared

Which state?  In my area, it's up to the business to determine what's essential.  Also, it's not necessarily that all businesses must close, just the places where people are confined together.  The quarrantine is generally being respected, though.  Where people have to go in, there are often provisions for isolation.  What line of work is your husband in?

• roderick_young

Sounds like a work-from-home opportunity.  Amazon, for example, hasn't shut down.  I'd suggest he keep a basin of soapy bleach water to rinse his hands in periodically if he handles product.  Gloves and mask are a possibility.  And how about working in the garage, never going into the house?