how will i prevent getting depressed in this time of having to self isolate?

i just wonder what i'm going to do? 

a man in my forties who lives alone in a council flat,  had a hard life of mental health problems....never found any relationships...my only support system are my elderly boomer parents - mother and father, who live far from me........plus i manage type 2 diabetes which i acquired years ago.ive lived as a ''shut in'' for years, the only time i go out is to the gym to swim, to help manage my diabetes, and of course, watch my diet..i'm from the uk and the advice from government for people in my situation is to start self isolating for the foreseeable future??   but that will threaten to throw me into a black depression........how am i supposed to go to the gym to swim, to manage my diabetes, when ive been told to self isolate by the government?and what will i do stuck in my flat all the time?, i will go stir crazy surely?my parents, especially my elderly mother phones me 4 times a day to check i'm alright and to give me emotional support.............but i'm just panicking what i'm going to do now if i can't go out to the gym to do swimming.....or go out to get my groceries from the supermarket?......plus, my parents can't visit me for now....or my social worker or support worker can't visit me to take me out places so i'm not so isolated..will i go mad stuck in my little flat for years?  can anyone help or is in a similar position?

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

We are in a pandemic and everyone is in the same boat. It is harder on people who live alone and have ailments in addition. I think this is a good time for us all to get closer and call on God. Online support groups can help and keeping your mind off the coronavirus and imagining better times ahead. We will all get through this and come out stronger.

• A.D.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please take the time to read the following article:

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2009-07... please feel free to visit our website www.jw.org. There you can find additional Bible-based articles and videos. I hope that it can comfort you.

Source(s): www.Jw.org

you need to do physical work.. hoe weeds  - construction etc

self pity is destructiveif you are speaking of the virus.. better t go out and risk it than self destruct at home 

• Helen

Sounds as though you've been self isolating just fine before now.