Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 7 months ago

Is this medicine still safe to take?

My spring allergies are starting. And i really don t want to go a Doctor s office or crowded pharmacy full of sick people right now because of the Caronavirus. Which according to the news there 17 confirmed cases and two deaths in my town. within 20 miles of my location. I found some old Allergy pills in my cabinet. ( chlorpheniramine ) They are two years passed their expiration date. I searched google and LA Times says "The expiration date on a drug is usually one to five years after it was manufactured. But those dates are often set arbitrarily, since the Food and Drug Administration doesn’t require pharmaceutical makers to test how long the active ingredients will last". So... do i risk taking these old pills? Or do i risk going to a Pharmacy where sick people are when there are confirmed cases of Caronavirus in my area? Or do i just say screw it and suffer with my allergies? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still good, just take what you have.