promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is one thing you are grateful for right now?

Although 2020 hasn't had the best start, what is one thing you are grateful for at this point in time?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'm grateful for my health

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm in my 60's, just short of the pension. I'm on my own and I'm not working, but was counting on my (good) savings to see me through. With reduced interest rates, that was the end of that!  I hit rock bottom last year with all my savings drying up. I sold my valuables, but it really made no difference. At one point I lived off the scraps in my pantry, making 'bread' with flour and water to stop the hunger pangs. I was also behind in rent. When I went to the govt for an allowance, I was met with this rude cow who told me if I needed money 'now' to go to a charity, the govt had a 'wait' 2 weeks policy. (they don't for emergencies) I was ready to do myself in. I complained about the cow and got some action there as well as going to a couple of charities. One paid my rent (3 weeks behind) and the other paid my electricity bill. One gives bread away every Tuesday - that bread was/IS SO nice!  I have a govt 'allowance' that I still scrimp and save on. I've lived off cheap sausages and bread (!) and eggs; OCCASSIONALLY, I've bought a tomato as a treat and have accrued some savings for my next electricity bill! . I don't smoke anymore and miss it badly. I'm so hungry all the time - I think the smoking kept that in 'control'. I saw some cigarette butts on the footpath and considered picking them up - for a nano second - before deciding strongly that I wasn't going to go down that path!  As part of the govt plan, I have to report to an employment agency to find work. I don't have a car, so have to walk 30 - 45 minutes to get there. Despite my age and that I'm in the rural area that has no work for the young let alone someone my age, I still have to report. I'm grateful for the virus - they have to do phone 'interviews' now, so I don't have to walk that distance! (It's been hot) I'm grateful I went broke last year, I would have had a lot of trouble going broke now with all the other (poor) people who have been affected and lost their jobs/wages.

• Phil
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I am grateful that me and my loved ones don't have Coronavirus.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That after getting pushed, shoved and trampled on at Wal-Mart this morning, I emerged with one package of chicken thighs. This is hell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That I can afford to self isolate, since I'm in a high risk group. That I paid attention early and stocked up on a reasonable quantity of basics that will allow me to stay inside 24/7 for two to three weeks if it comes to that.

It's heartbreaking seeing the low-paid workers in service industries out of work, without rent money or more than a few days' food in the house, to know they can't pay for child care if they could find it, to understand that greedy hoarders have cleaned out necessities like toilet paper and baby formula.

• 2 months ago

That I'm still alive at age 86.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Tacos.  Delicious tacos.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.