Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Which is the best religion for me to convert to? ?

Favorite Answer

No religion.

Know God.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.  The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion. 

"I am the way." 

"I am the door." 

"I am the gate." 

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention.  His kingdom on earth. The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil. Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need. 

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light." 

Do this and live.. Do it today. Tomorrow may be too late. 

::spinning the wheel:: - it looks like it's 'Zoroastrianism'!!!

Jesus said that we can identify those who worship God in the right way. We do this by examining what they believe and what they do. He said: “By their fruits you will recognize them.” And he added: “Every good tree produces fine fruit.” (Matthew 7:16, 17) This doesn’t mean that those who worship God are perfect. But God’s servants always try to do what is right.

Our worship should be based on the Bible. The Bible says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) The apostle Paul wrote to Christians: “When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13) True worship is based only on God’s Word, the Bible. It is not based on human ideas, traditions, or anything else.

Source(s): Jw.org

The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

Of course that's if you can endure to end while satanic people hunt you wherever you go

Only the Invisible Pink Unicorn can save you from the Purple Oyster of Doom!

Pastafarianism is your only reasonable choice. FSM will protect you and keep you in its good graces always, plus the refreshments are fantastic!

• River Euphrates

Since I don't believe you can prove or disprove the existence of the FSM, I remain 'spagnostic'.

• Zac Z

As an atheist I will say that the best religion would be the one that makes true claims, not one that makes the best sales pitch to you.

At all fine and dandy that Christians tell you that by accepting Jesus you'll have everlasting life or that Muslims will tell you that by following Islam you'll have 72 virgins or whatever they promise.

Look, I'd love there to be a happy afterlife - but there is no indication that this is anything more than wishful thinking.

Pointing to a book doesn't do the trick to me, and frankly, I'm surprised that so many people don't seem to have higher standards than being told a nice story and take it at face value because it sounds nice.

To quote Matt Dillahunty: "I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible."

If you read the "arguments" from religious people here, you'll notice that generally they'll make a statement as it were true without providing evidence for it. That's not sufficient for me to accept this statement and convert to their religion, and I would wish that it weren't sufficient for others, neither.

• Zac Z

Second paragraph should have started with "It's all fine" of course.

• Bob

Zoroastrianism. It's accepting of all views, if you decide the idea of a deity is one you subscribe to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Zoroastrianism's core teachings include but are not limited to:

Follow the Threefold Path of Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds

Charity is a way of maintaining one's soul and to spread happiness

The spiritual equality and duty of the genders

Being good for the sake of goodness and without the hope of reward

• Word

The one the gods, not a bunch of humans, are telling you.

But you're asking humans, because you know there are no gods to ask.

So it sounds like it's the secular religions.

The right one, and if you really search and do your homework, you will chose the correct one. 

• Bob

Zoroastrianism it is then!