Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

After many years sitting on the fence as an agnostic. I'm finally convinced of Intelligent Design. I mean who can not be swayed by ..?

the recent discoveries of molecular biology and quantum mechanics?

@ Anonymous. I am talking about ID not any specific religion. I could believe this universe is the result of Creation but it doesn't mean I have to believe in world religions? 

Favorite Answer

It's not 'science vs. religion'; It's antichrists vs. theists. Both sides using science like a weapon to pound the other. Truth is what a person chooses to believe BEFOREHAND will determine what science they adopt or dismiss.

Annnnnd.... so WHAT if you believe in God? Satan isn't an atheist and there are no agnostic demons. Believing in God can't save you. ONLY knowing Him will.

As for using scientific sources to prove God, I'm aghast that you would need them... but even so, I will feed that need. OPEN YOUR MOUTH....

We were all programmed to believe the world is billions of years old and evolution is a thing.

I believed it too; why wouldn’t I?

I mean we had PROOF… walk into any natural history museum and see for yourself: obviously there was a prehistoric world before the one we know. The dinosaurs were somehow obliterated and God ‘started again’. Right? Well… that begs the question…. what was He doing? “Practicing”? That made no sense.

So instead of ‘weaving’ what I knew into the evidence to try to make it fit, I did the unthinkable: I actually dared to ask God about it.

The following is just a tiny portion of two years of God-guided experience, using only secular science (before there was anything like a ‘creationist website’).

Enjoy and share - but be kind as you help people reach your level of understanding. Test everything.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He created everything in the beginning, before He called the things He had made into being during the increments of darkness and light He called ‘days’. You were there, in the heart of God in the beginning; and you have been called into being NOW. That is why you are called a human, being. God created and sustains the material world from the - more real - supernatural dimention. I will tell you how to enter it at the end of my answer.

Don't allow anyone to dictate to you what to think; including me (and don't believe everything you think). Fish eggs are still fish eggs and chicken eggs are still chicken eggs. Horse spermatazoa is still horse spermatazoa. Speciation - as within dog breeds - or changes within a species to adapt to environment cannot change one kind of animal into another. Look at the evidence honestly - putting all biases aside- then make your decision.

The word 'dinosaur' came from two Greek words that mean 'terrible lizard': a word made up in the 1800s to describe reptile fossils (fossil is from the French for 'dug up').

Tsunami waves engulfed everything in mud, then under the forces of extreme pressure turned them into stone. For a year and a half minerals (silica mostly) permiated plant and animal tissues. The mud also solidified as it compressed under the weight of billions of tons of water. Stone cannot be dated. Once around the sun is a year: you cannot hold up a rock and decide how many times it travelled around the sun. 

When a fish dies, it rots or gets eaten; it does NOT turn into a fossil. But there are fish fossils everywhere; even on mountains. Every fossil is the result of the world-wide flood. Period. Do you want to see evolution? God can raise children for Abraham from the stones if He wants. He doesn't need any of us. He can change what is in the blink of an eye.... He doesn't need millenia.

In the beginning, the world had a subtropical atmosphere... the temperatures were warm over most of the world. I know this because reptiles are cold blooded; they can't survive in cold climates, they need heat. Reptile fossils are found in regions that have freezing winters, so there must have been no winters before the flood. The 'water canopy' kept the world in a state like a terrarium; it never rained. This could mean the world wasn't spinning on a tilt back then: it's axis may have been parallel to the sun.

Bubbles trapped in amber (fossilized sap) prove the air had 50% more oxygen. Oxygen-packed air meant everything lived ten times longer: horns, tusks, fangs, reptiles, bugs, grasses and trees grew huge. We know the age of tigers by the length of their fangs. You don’t think sabre-toothed tigers were born that way, do you? Tigers are born without teeth.

You've heard of bacteria 'evolving'? No such thing: simply, the hardier bacteria were never killed off by the antibiotic in the first place. The weaker bacteria were. All that's left is 'resistant' bacteria. They were never subject to antibiotics to begin with. They never 'evolved': they are still and always will be, just bacteria.

Oxygen molecules bonded to hydrogen to form the water that filled the oceans. There were no oceans before the flood, only seas.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago. One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel."Nothing will be impossible for them." God said... So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land. Pangea - the great post-flood continent - was split at this time. See Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine? Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it. What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them. They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them. The ancient Chinese language is a pictograph of Genesis 1-11, and their ancient word for 'boat' contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark. 

There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world (230 at last count).The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

Go to Google earth and search 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there. Then Google 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.

Trees like this one - buried upright in the mud-turned-to-stone during the world wide flood are found everywhere in the world. You don’t think it grew through ‘billions of years of rock’ do you?

After many years sitting on the fence as an agnostic. I'm finally convinced of Intelligent Design.

- Sorry about the head injury.

• Doug

That's good to hear. It's definitely a move in the right direction. However, that still won't get you to heaven. You need to place your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for everlasting life if you want to avoid suffering eternal torment in the lake of fire.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

These are not recent discoveries.

Who cannot?

People who need verifiable evidence that an actual god critter exists, that's who.

Everyone is agnostic.

There is no verifiable evidence

For or against the existence of gods.

Everyone is either theist or atheist.

There is no in-between.

“Atheism is nothing more than a single position on a single issue.

If you believe that a god exists, you’re a theist.

If you do NOT believe that a god exists, you’re an atheist.”

If you cannot say "I believe in a god or gods"

You're an atheist.

If you cannot say "I don't believe in a god or gods"

You're an theist.

It's that simple.

Atheism is ONLY a response to theism.

~

You were never agnostic and you don't have any idea about any recent discoveries. All you know is the self-serving lies you're being fed by your leaders. You're just another lying, ignorant creationist. Lies are all creationists have.

• good choice, dear.  you made the smart and right choice.  Your choice will make desperate and insecure atheists spit hatred at you, but don't worry, they're just bitter you didn't chose the dogma they have faith in, dear.

Agnosticism is not sitting on a fence. It is a statement about knowledge. Everyone, including agnostics, is either a theist or an atheist, you either believe in gods or you don't. There are no fences to sit on. Intelligent Design is just creationism in a new frock. Like creationism, it is supported by no evidence at all and all the claims for it have been shown to be no different from creationism. You should read the judgement of Judge John E. Jones in Kitzmiller et al v. Dover Area School District.

Hmmmm… Is this recent corona virus an act of intelligent design, too? Or is that just the devil?

Source(s): Agnostic panentheist. Evolutionist.
  • So in other words you don’t understand molecular biology or quantum mechanics and rather than studying it you decide it was all done by a magical invisible space wizard.