Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 3 months ago

Should I cancel my end of May wedding? ?

I live in Chicago. Basically this wedding has been planned for 3 years and is paid off. Any idea how long we will have social distancing? 

We’re planning on 200+ people,

With travel restrictions we’re looking at about 160

And basically anyone who is at high risk not showing up, or parents with young babies we’re maybe down to 130?? 

• drip
    Favorite Answer

Right now you wouldn’t be able to hold the wedding.  I would send out a test to all guests that you haven’t postponed yet but contact them by a certain date to confirm it is going on or not.

You just need to play this by ear until some time has passed and we see how it is going.

I would be talking to all of your wedding venders and seeing what your options are right now.

That is hard to say, wait some time to see how the situation goes.

MAYBE

If the masses do not behave large groups might still be banned.

Many Many ways to celebrate a wedding. The marriage ceremony and party do not have to be the same day. You can have more than one party to celebrate your marriage.You can get married a second time ( Renew vows) if you want the complete package at the second party place.

So your young healthy attend and one is carrying the virus. All go home to infect the ones that stayed away.

Suggest you ask the place you booked about changing to some other date.

Any idea how long we will have social distancing?

OF course the easiest answer.

When public health officers decide the danger level has dropped to a much lower level than it is today YOU and everyone else will KNOW too from their next press announcement.on that issue.

As many of your family might have a sudden drop in income for the next while many may not be able to afford to go..

yes, this is only going to get worse, we saw it play out in china and italy already. china is lying say that have recovered, watch and see its not over. that is if they dont hide the rest of the evidence a they have all the other.

~MUST be baptized, turn from sin, obey GOD and Jesus, walk in His ways to make it to Heaven~

thats up to you but maybe it'll be over by then

Oh, I'm so sorry! I've been worried about weddings. I think a lot are going to have to be cancelled. I think you can hold off until mid-April and see, but I don't see how the numbers of infections are going to go down enough by then for all the restrictions to be taken off.