promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the best way to find my biological grandfather ?

My mother has never met her real father. She asked me to find a way to find him. I’ve heard of 23andme and Ancestry has been used to find your ethnicity background. Is there anything that will link me or my mother to her biological father? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Ancestry and 23andMe only help you identify your relatives if they (or someone related to them) has also done DNA testing through that company.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Depending on your gender-- you can do a DNA test to find out

• 3 months ago

If you do an Ancestry DNA test, you will be able to open an account and see not only what ethnicity you are, but also who--meaning which people--share your DNA. This will most likely lead you to your actual ancestry, not just your regional ancestry. 

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

written records

Using a DNA-company only works if

- you send in your mother's DNA

- this grandparent or a close relative of his took a test at the same company

- and allowed the company to pass on a contact-adress

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I would look at your mothers Birth Certificate.  It should list her biological mother and father.

• 3 months ago

Theres a site on the internet that lets you find your biological parents and grandparents

• Sir Caustic
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Don't tell him what it is, though. Keep him guessing.

• 3 months ago

Put an ad in every newspaper in the world, saying something like "Hi! If you're my grandfather, get in touch. Thanks". You'll probably get lots of replies. To get even more, you could add "Cash prizes available" at the end of the ad.

• martin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

use people finder websites and see what you can find with the clues you already have

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If she knows who he is and just hasn't met him, you can probably find him with google.  If she doesn't know who he is, then 23andme might be your best bet. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.