Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 2 weeks ago

Why is the general population rude and uncaring to others?

• 6 days ago

That is literally every population in the world my friend. It al comes down to human nature at the end of the day after all the BS 99.99 percent of all people only care about themselves and their children. Truth.

because they should be on their computer not in people faces

• Steven

They are frustrated with corona virus and thinking how they can survive in this outbreak, this is so dangerous. Nobody can describe about the person when he infected from corona virus. 

why would you put this in computers & internet

If people feel that way, I recommend they change their personality.

• Andrea

Hello, Anon - I'm not sure if you mean online or not, but online, it certainly can be, depending on where you hang out. Forums and social media can bring the worst to light, unfortunately. IRL, things can be more civil, but it can also be a cultural thing. For example, I moved from the Midwest (U.S., for those outside of the country) to the South. The Midwest is known for friendly, warm people, and the South is also known for its hospitality. I must have overshot the places known for their Southern hospitality, as the place I live now is the rudest, most uncaring place I've ever lived in (or even traveled to). I've met a few people from the Midwest and they are the nicest people I've met. People here rarely say "Please" or "Thank you" or even respond with "You're welcome" if you say "Thank you." Customer service is horrible and you're treated as an imposition. Most everyone is abrupt and unkind. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I once met someone who's native to this state and, when she found out where I was originally from, she perked up and said "Oh! I went there once and everyone there was SO nice, not like here." At any rate, yes, it does seem like there are many rude, uncaring people out there, but you can always find good, kind, warm people, if you look. It's important to first be good, kind, and warm yourself. Be positive and good to people, always.

• Dick

It's because of the anonymity and the fact that a lot of people on the internet, such as this answers page are nothing but trolls who get their jollies being rude and obnoxious.

• KoryP

Is the general population rude and uncaring?  Or is that just your perception?  I suppose rude people stand out like sore thumbs ... so maybe it seems like there are more of "those people" than there are caring people.  I don't know.  But, for what it's worth, I care about you anonymous.  Have a great day!  :)

That is European culture. Class distinction is rampant.

Oh put a sock in it, big nose.