What's the reason of Audi so popular?

Recently I was searching for cars. I have always hear about the famous Audi .

When I finally had a normal Audi (not the top line that only some superstars can have)

I can say it has a normal motor And normal interiors.

I would like to know if there's something missing because I don't know why it is not expensive that a Toyota or a Ford 

(Always speaking for sedan version )

AUDI is like a PORSCHE for families.. VW is very LARGE company and the AUDI is cousin to BUGATII and LAMBORGHINI along with BENTLEY and PORSCHE.  AUDIS greatness is in the MANUFACTURING area! They use th BEST materials in it they can find, and it should live to 500,000 miles and MORE! Like there is a MILLION  MILE club for BENZ and VOLVO....they SHARE many of their suppliers from EUROPE. Like BOSCH< SIEMENS< ATE GIRLING, ZF steering and trannies, and MORE Only FORD has attempted to copy the AUDI DOUBLE WISHBONE front suspension , and it WORKS GREAT.  An AUDI is an excellent balance between ECONOMY, POWER< LONGEVITY< STYLE< and TECHNOLOGY! QUATTRO has been winning races in nearly every circuit imaginable for YEARS now.  IT can SAVE your life>>>The only thing is you MUST use ONLY GENUINE EUROEPAN oils and fluids ONLY! VALVOLLINE will kill the engine quickly with tar and sludge and COKE deposits. AUDI needs 502/505 oil ONLY   

A lot of people buy something just because it is "different", that's it. Not to say that you are not getting a lot more car if you spend six figures. As things evolve, cars have a whole lot more than an engine, transmission, steering wheel, and four wheels on them. If you compared a modern VW Beetle to a 1969 VW Beetle model, you'd see what modern basic transportation looks like compared to 1969 basic transportation. 90% of the junk on cars now-a-days isn't necessary but may be added because the government said it has to be there. I do like fuel injected engines but don't see a need for the rest of it. That extra junk comes from mining operations, blast furnaces, oil refineries, and factories all over the world and adds to global warming considering the resources required to build all of that stuff. A 1969 VW Beetle was a lot more environmentally friendly all things considered.

They are not "popular".  Chevys, Fords, Jeeps , Toyotas and Hondas are more 'popular".

• Mark

IS Audi "so popular"?  If so, probably because they make good cars. Where I live, Subarus and Volvos are FAR more popular than Audi...

• Barry

Audi is the premium brand of the VAG organisation. Built mostly with Volkswagen parts but to a higher standard of equipment and trim. So they are a prestige car with proven mechanicals. The Lexus models are similar. Toyotas under the skin but a luxury version.