There must be lots of babysitting jobs around for kids whose schools are closed and have working parents, right?

I live in NC. From what I’ve been told daycares are still opened as usual. Starting today schools, clubs, bars, etc are closed. Stores are opened for a couple of hours.

Landlords cannot file evictions for the next two months, homes can’t go into foreclosure for the next two months, gas, electricity, and water is free for the next two months as well

Source(s): I live in Charlotte, NC

And, how would the parents make sure that the sitter doesn't have coronavirus ?

How would the babysitter know the kid or his/her family doesn't have coronavirus?

Well, yes and no. There are also many parents working from home and older sibling are not at school eithers.

But, yes, there should be some more opportunity that normal, especially parents that just might want a break to go to the store or something.