I can doubt, then doubt my doubt, then switch back to my old doubt when I feel like it, what's the point? I'm skeptical of my skepticism?

I have OCD, the "doubting disease" and I've found that I can easily switch from one position to another whenever I feel like it because I can easily play devil's advocate for either side. I can easily doubt for the sake of doubting and then I can doubt my own doubts, just for the kicks.

For example, I can entertain the idea that a historical document was a forgery and then decided, well a having a forgery doesn't mean an event didn't happen. Then I came up with these scenarios:

Suppose you're in you're late 20s, but you look like a teenager and you say you graduated from high school. Suppose I don't believe you and I want proof and then somebody shows me a copy of your highschool diploma and I say, "How do I know it's not a fake?" Well, you could have me call up the school and they tell me that it's real and I could say," how do I know it's not a set up?". Well, you could imagine the person at the office would think I'm whacko nutcase out of my mind! LOL

PLOT TWIST! What if you really did graduate, but a really mean person set you up by forging your high school diploma and it said you graduated from a different school you never attended and then I found out? Does having a forged high school diploma mean you didn't actually finish high school? You see, a forgery doesn't mean that something didn't happen.

No, I have a question. What if skepticism is used just as an excuse to be double minded?

Okay, I admit it, I this question was a joke, don't tell on me...

Gotta love satire, it does a good job at trying to make a point

To the people quoting James, that's exactly the point I was making.. Now for any of you people on the fence out there.... wash your hands you sinners or else the coronavirus gonna get you... lol.... see what I did there?

• Mack
    Favorite Answer

Here is where even an atheist has faith.  You will never know everything, just do the best you can with the life you are dealt.  Accept reality and be free.  :)

Update:  LOL  :)

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind" (James 1:6).

Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. James 4:8

that ain't OCD that is something else entirely. There is no excuse to reject God

HUGE RANT WITH NO QUESTION IN SIGHT..