teegan asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 3 months ago

Will my party get cancelled?

I’m having an 18th birthday party on the 17th of April where 100 people will be attending but now I’m worried about it being cancelled due to the Coronavirus. Eventhough the uk is not on lock down there is talk that mass events will be cancelled. Do you think my party will get cancelled? 

Probably the way it's going

If it's your party, you must be the one who makes the decision, right?  So, only you can answer the question.  I will add, though, that many people will not go places where there are crowds, and a b'day party is one place where people will be in close contact.  If you don't cancel, you may find that very few people want to attend.  No big deal--you will be eighteen years old all year!  Have it another time, when the guests can celebrate you, and not talk about the dreaded virus all day long!   Happy Birthday!

Nowadays the coronavirus infection increasing day by day. So, I think we need to be more careful in this regard and need to avoid any gathering like party arrangement.

Do you want to see even one of your friends get sick and even die because you want to have a party?  You answer that question.

Any mass gathering should be canceled in an attempt to stem the spread of it

Still trying to figure out how the US deals. We have tiers and tier 3 is anything with 250 or more attendees will be cancelled. Milwaukee WI is at tier 3, so "Birthday Parties" are not an issue, but concerts, parades, even Movie openings at theaters.

They cancelled E3!!!!!!!!!

That depends on the government and Coronavirus, not you or me.

• Clive

That's up to you.

• Mark

If it's YOUR party (and I'll cry if I want to) it is up to you to decide...

If you don't have the money, don't host it.

• funnel

Or if you do. Wow, whats wrong here? Spoiled rotten young-un's?