Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 11 months ago

Do Muslims support me if I pray towards Jerusalem OR they hate me for it?

My mother's grandma family were Indian Jewish. My grandpa was Jewish. All were Jewish but kept it secretly unless SOME Jewish customs in the family, like not eating red meat fat OR not giving inheritance to women. Some in my family knew we Jewish, but not all.

I live in Iran. I LOVE TORAH. This is most important reason I want to follow TORAH. Jews were helping me always. They loved me and I loved them. I love Israel. I love Jews. But this is not because I am racist. I ALWAYS tried Muslims do Quran AND unfortunately Shias hate Quran AND Disbelieve it. The #1 reason I started to hate Shiaism is because they don't really put G-d first. I know from Torah AND EVEN FROM QURAN that one must put G-D first.

Anyways, one time, Iran intelligence warned me as called me and I went for talking to me. They said I can't change my sect=Shiaism, though, I don't know if they knew I am Jew by Torah and Book of Ezra and Halacha, because my mom's Jewish grandma is like my mom's mom and it makes her Jew.

Not a question that Shias don't really follow Quran. They don't believe in Quran completely...

Iran intelligence won't make a big problem for you if you don't believe in G-d or if you don't obey Islam like not praying, but they are very problem on if you follow Judaism & Torah. I think even for me when know I am Jew. In Torah it is not clear that you must Pray Every Day, but clues exist in Tanakh AND Torah that prophets did it 3 times everyday. If you think I pray Jewish way only tell.

Thanks!

If you hate it, tell me not to do it....

Favorite Answer

I do not care. There is a virus going around killing everyone and you are obsessed with Israel? well go and live there then!

Shalom there neighbor,

First of all, I think you're confusing the practices of the Shia's around you and what traditional Shia theology requires of an adherent, I don't know, I don't live in Iran, most likely you are correct.

There was at one point where the prophet Muhammad once instructed his followers that the qiblah (direction of prayer) was once toward Jerusalem before being changed. Many Muslims will tell you that Jerusalem is sacred because of Masjid Al-Aqsa and the prophets night journey. However, no such place existed during his time or he must've time traveled into the future or the past.

Many Muslims will hate you just for you proclaiming Jewish identity, in fact, many of them will ardently hate Christians AND Jews for their beliefs, nasty things are written about both groups of people, here's an example:

Quran [98:6]  Indeed, they who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture and the polytheists will be in the fire of Hell, abiding eternally therein. Those are the worst of creatures. 

This passage literally calls Jews, Christians, and Pagans worse than pigs, and the Qu'ran is supposed to be the word of Allah, so according to Muslim theology this came from Allah.

Some Muslims will always see the Jewish, or Zionist, or Christian viewpoint with seething hate, but that is not new.

One thing to note to tell you right now that will be very important. How the Torah and New testament (Christians Read both, Jews read the Torah as definite authoritative books) describe the Lord is MUCH DIFFERENT how the Quran describes "Allah" so much that anyone who reads the Qu'ran and Bible will note MANY differences between the God of Christians and Jews and the Allah of Muslims.

The Qu'ran claims a lot of things in itself that actually DON'T come from the Torah, but are actual oral traditions.

Quran [5:32] "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors."

This "Decree" isn't found anywhere in the Torah, it was actually something that a scholar said about the subject on Cain Slaying Abel, Allah didn't decree this in any manner, it was the work of a Jewish scholar.

Things like this are repeatedly found in the qu'ran because in reality, Muhammad incorporated what he could hear around him, and he couldn't distinguish for himself what was tradition and what Judaism and Christianity actually said about the Lord. Muhammad was an illiterate, which was very strange for Jews because learning to read the Torah and for Christians to read the Torah and the New Testament was VERY important, as the Arab Pagans during the time kept an Oral culture (in which reading isn't a very important skill).

Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when the Lord said to me, ‘Assemble the people to Me, that I may let them hear My words so they may learn to fear Me all the days they live on the earth, and that they may teach their children.’" (Deuteronomy 4:10) 

very important for Christians and Jews to be literate.

I hope this Information was useful and led you to realize how beautiful the Torah is how Jewish culture is widespread in ALL parts of the world, and that this information will lead you closer to Yasou al-masih ibn Allah (which is what Christians in the middle east call Jesus) and you'll get a fuller, more deeper appreciation for Isreal and its' contributions to the world.