Where should I travel to in Hawaii? ?

I am a 26 year old planning a trip to Hawaii for fun with my fiancé. I want to stay 6 nights. The thing is there are so many Islands and places to stay! Our interests are that we want to stay in whatever part will be very warm in late march/early April, we want to be able to try surfing and see mountains plus be right on the water. Good night life, food and drinks is important as well. Which would be a good Island to do more research on for a fairly young romantic couple who enjoy nature, beautiful beaches and partying? 

• lkl

You'll have to wait till things open up again. Life is forever changed in Hawaii, drones flying, lock downs, quarantines. Best to wait a bit. Waikiki is a tourist trap.

Oahu has all the things that you are looking for (there is not a whole lot of nightlife on the other islands). 

Though, be aware that many events have been cancelled over the concerns of spreading the coronavirus. (Ex: Murphy's Bar & Grill cancelled its St. Patrick's Day block party yesterday).

• DEBS

There are probably 100 right answers to this.  

For me, Kauai is nice, but it is quieter and you won't get the night life, but if you're just looking for a drink and hanging out then your hotel may be all you need.  It has many nice beaches and the Na Pali coast which has a great hike and is great to see by boat as well.  Maui has a little more balance and more to do.  There are areas with several hotels and a little night life and there are places with just you and your resort.  (Again, that often means a nice large pool, bar, etc.)  You can also find isolated areas like in Hana with only a couple food options and no TV in your rooms which isn't a bad one night option.I would stay away from Ohau at least Waikiki/Honolulu.  It's built up and crowded. It's not a real island experience.

• DEBS

Temps are pretty consistent throughout the year.  Sometimes it depends on what side of the island you are on based on the season, but the islands are small so you can always easily get to a different climate.  Just do a search on average temps for the month and location you are thinking about.

wherever you want to travel to

• Michelle2 months agoReport

Hahah. My whole point is that I have no idea. Ive seen cool pictures of Hawaii but have no idea where they are. 

• martin

First go to Honolulu and see the cultural exhibits where you learn about all the Pacific islands.

• hihi!

Hawaii (except on mountain tops) is typically 76 degrees morning, 83 evening. A cold spell hit one day it was 75 in the morning and they said 82 in the evening, but REALLY it was 83. (a silly look at Hawaii's weather, but 99% true!) I would recommend a helicopter flight around IF YOU TRUST HELICOPTERS. They do fly every day and don't have problems. The Big Island probably has everything you want. Nightlife, food and drink should be everywhere. Unless you want to see EVERY island, I'd stick to one or two. Take a boat to another. Hawaii has a mountain almost 14,000 feet.

Maui has a mountain, 10,000ft, Oahu is only 4000 feet, but not a bad mountain. Kauai is 5000 feet, others are somewhat less. The northeast of any island seems to have most plant diversity.

SEE a lot in one spot, don't run about too much with just 6 days. You will try more than see.

Source(s): We learned in China each day was a one-activity event. Really hard to go to 2 or 3 things as we had planned/hoped to!!
    • Michelle2 months agoReport

Thanks! That’s a lot of good info. I plan to just pick one island that i want to get a lot out of since im not going very long.