Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

What are good laptop brands from Walmart only?

I am only saying from Walmart because I have a gift card from there with it I want to get a new laptop at least 500gb my old one was a hp 2000 notebook pc I love it but one day it will stop working completely eventually and I have been looking I don’t want to pay $700 for one either around $400 or so would be great the good ones seems to be expensive when I look.

Thank you everyone I might go into Walmart and look if not I found out that you can buy other gift cards with a Walmart gift card from there to so if that’s true I’ll be able to look at other places I am in no hurry to get one I want a good amount of storage I have a lot of music in my iTunes account a long with my physical albums I own I am a music junkie. I’m not a huge gamer though so I don’t need a gaming laptop really I only play PlayStation 2 old school games like Spyro I do appreciate it.

• A.J.
    Favorite Answer

Why do you need 500GB of storage? You get a much faster I/O with a solid state drive. Although you can buy a 480-512GB SSD  for $55 to $65 dollars plus tax, you would need to determine the drive in there, and get a proper SATA-USB converter and clone and swap them. Very few inexpensive new laptops have the 500GB SSD, though they should. The brand means very little in low priced laptops. They don't make them anyway as it is all subcontracted. It is about performance and features and any reviews you can find. And, Walmart is a terrible web site to search for specifications. And, it is filled with 3rd party sellers and needs a confirm about the gift card use.

CPU performance

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

At about $400, laptops are fairly basic. China tariffs raised the prices.

These are the3 best offers today.$359 Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15.6" Laptop, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Quad-Core Processor, 8GB ram, 256GB Storage, Platinum Grey - 81FB00HKUSWalmart # 576510939 Average rating:4.5 out of 5stars, based on 3015reviews

256gb ssd gives you about 210gb personal storage. you can buy an external usb add.

cpu Speed score 6802

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Ideapad-330s-15-...

$389  Hp 14 Laptop, Intel Core i5-1035G1, 8 GB SDRAM, 256GB SSD+16GB Optane, 14-dq1040wm, Pale Gold  Average rating:4.3 out of 5stars, based on 81reviews

cpu score 8044.

Walmart # 576450658https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hp-14-Laptop-Intel-Core...

$420 Walmart branded Motile

Should be ryzen 5 3500U score 7,436

MOTILE 14" Performance Laptop, FHD, AMD Ryzen 5 with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, THX Spatial Audio, Tuned by THX display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Rose GoldAverage rating: 3.7 out of  5stars, based on 138reviews

Walmart # 576997626  has a 1920x1080 resolution display

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vega-HDMI-720p-Front-RA...

Dell computer best

Dell XPS 13. The best Walmart laptop overall

Microsoft Surface Laptop. The best Walmart laptop for designers and creatives

Walmart sells refurbished computers and laptops through their web site. Prices are much lower than new and there is no risk because the computers are like new, completely tested, and repackaged.

The good ones are expensive... well duh. You get what you pay for. A $400 laptop will do just fine for 95% of home users, but will not be good for video editing or trying to run a large corporation. You can email and Facebook and Pinterest to your heart's content.

You do know that the machines sold at Walmart are almost all made specifically for Walmart to sell? Just like the TV's.

You can pick any unit that meets your storage and screen size needs. Brand is pretty much irrelevant, as they are all made with the same components. Also, there isn't really a second tier or third tier or generic laptop on the market. They are all name brands.

i would just go there and take a look at them

Dell XPS 15. ...

MacBook (2017) ...

HP Spectre x360. ...

Acer Switch 3. ...

Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370. ...

Asus Chromebook Flip.