promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What's your opinion on herbal and natural remedies?

Do they work or don't they? Because of the internet there is a wealth of information (correct or not).

10 Answers

Relevance
  • hart
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

they are excellent

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

I believe in the use of herbal medication--many of today's medicines actually came from herbal remedies--metformin was created because goats kept passing out from low blood sugar after eating this particular lilac.  statins were created because of the usefulness of Chinese medicine's use of red yeast rice.  Certain natural remedies are pure bunk, however...

• 2 weeks ago

Herbs can be very beneficial, completely useless, very dangerous, and everything else in between.  There is a lot of Sales information about herbs and natural remedies, but often not a lot of actual medical or scientific information to support the sales claims.  Be careful about sales pitches that are written to look like science.  Look up information on natural remedies by using Google Scholar instead of the regular Google search.  

• 2 weeks ago

some work, some don't (such as the homeopathic ones)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

i doubt that they really work.

• 2 weeks ago

They work! USA is brainwashed by drug companies that make sure they don't cure the population just mask the symptoms for ever-going stream of false comfort. "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

― Hippocrates

• harry2 weeks agoReport

Bravo

• Gary K
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The vast majority of them do not work for any condition beyond placebo effect. Many of them do have drug like effects, but as they are ‘natural’, the potency and quality is subject to variation. And as they are not controlled, they are subject to contamination, and are handed out by people with no medical training. They can interact with proper medicines. 

There is a reason why we have developed science based medicine. If you are sick, please see a proper doctor. 

• 3 weeks ago

People have been using herbs for thousands of years, so there must be something to it. I use CBD tincture every day.

• 3 weeks ago

Of course they work.  "Herbal remedies" were all we had up until the 1930's (with a couple of exceptions).  Aspirin was the first synthetic drug and it was made from salasylic acid extracted from white willow bark.  Even today, most of our synthetic drugs are based on plant sources.

But you are right, there is a lot of mis-information out there.  Herbal remedies are not regulated or approved by the FDA.  But they are very effective for a lot of conditions.

Source(s): I sell medicinal herbs and essential oils.
  • 3 weeks ago

I am against medications (except antibiotics when necessary) and I am skeptical about herbal and natural remedies.

The resources needed to keep the body healthy are available in everyday foods. The key is to maintain the proper balance. This is the difficult part since most of the civilized world has a poor lifestyle and their diet is nowhere near healthy or balanced.

The main thing that people overlook is keeping the body properly hydrated. Every function depends on water and when you maintain a deficit it affects all of those functions.

The body alerts you to its need for water by giving you symptoms - the pharmaceutical industry has labeled these symptoms "disease" so they can peddle their dangerous medications that inhibit the body's ability to take care of itself.

There is a lot more to be said on the subject, but going into detail would require more than this space allows.

• ...Show all comments
    • Don't plant your garden at the former 3-Mile-Island or Chernobyl nuclear sites and you have little to worry about. You must be eating dog food.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.