promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 3 months ago

I’m moving to Canada next year. I’f be in the last year of high school. Are the teens there friendly? Is it easy to make friends?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You will be dropped back a grade or two because the u.s. education system is WAY behind Canada`s standards.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

 Copying others just to fit in can backfire. Because people can often see through the disguise. You fit in less with your classmates when you pretend to be someone you aren’t. It’s best just to be yourself, because people can tell when you’re faking. So ask yourself, ‘What’s more important—to fit in with people whose values are different from mine, or to stay true to who I am?’

 Trying to fit in can stifle your personality. It could make you a “people-pleaser” who conforms to what others want you to be. Don’t try to do just to fit in with a particular group at the expense of your reputation. That puts you at the mercy of others and you become their puppet.

BETTER APPROACH: Know your values and live by them, instead of being like a chameleon that changes colors according to its environment. It is for good reason that the Bible says: “Don’t do something just because everyone else is doing it.”—Exodus 23:2, Holy Bible—Easy-to-Read Version.

Tip: When trying to meet new people and make friends, don’t consider just those whose interests match yours. Look for people who share your values—your spiritual, moral, and ethical convictions.

Source(s): jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/ask/i-dont-fit-in/
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Teens are teens the world over. Some are friendly and others aren't. That's just the way teens are!

• edward
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They’re teens. Not to say they’re all rude but they aren’t all nice either. Us Canadians get a rep for being nice a friendly but it’s not true for us all. You just need to make friends with the right people. And get used to saying “sorry” with the “o” sound.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I mean its canada you theyll probably be nice

• 3 months ago

Yes all teens all over Canada are exactly the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.