What's the best advice you know for getting rid of acne?

Favorite Answer

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facwcacecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice coldca water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

An increase in IODINE (Seafood, milk, Lugols) is often beneficial.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

1 gallon of water a day. Don’t underestimate it. My skin got clear in a week!

• Todd

Those salicylic acid cleansing pads coupled with frequent washing with glycerin soap work for mild acne. They do not get rid of acne, but do treat it. The only true way to get rid of acne is to get a prescription for Accutane, which is expensive, and comes with some pretty serious side effects. The medicine takes a rather direct approach. It literally kills sebaceous glands. But it worked for me. Some doctors might put you on antibiotics. If you do that, you should only do it for a short period, because long term use of antibiotics weakens the immune system. That worked short term for me, but I was getting sick all the time.

noxema used to help me get rid of acne

• Olive

Something could try if it's not to bad is like vaseline lotion on body. Far as bathing can use green and white box dove bar soap which is good for sensitive skin. The liquid body soaps have lot of fragrances and stuff in them which is not good for skin

• Kaz

See a dermatologist.