promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Emily asked in PetsFish · 3 months ago

How many fish are there?

To be clear, I am not looking for the number of different fish species in the world. I would like to know how many total individual fish there are. I think there are a lot, and I want to know the real number. Thank you!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are millions more fish than people and man cannot accurately determine that number either. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Millions.  But fish are born and are eaten so there is no one that counts all fish in the world.

• 2 months ago

Soon there will be more plastic than fish in our water, making your question irrelevant.

• Larry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

More than anyone can count. Millions and millions, if not more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Orla
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

That sounds like a question Trump would ask.

• 3 months ago

At best it is an educated guess as to how many fish there are but According to the best estimates of scientists, there are 3,500,000,000,000 (3.5 trillion) fish currently living in the ocean. The fish population is one that is very difficult to estimate. That, of course, leaves out the billions of fish living in lakes, ponds, and streams.

• 3 months ago

Some 3.5 trillion. Cool huh? 🙂 🐟🐠🐡

• ...Show all comments
    • Red Fox
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Check https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/how-many-fish-are-there-in-the-ocean.html Worldatlas.com is recommended as a reliable and trusted source for their students by Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History.

• Rick
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Exactly -8- ...........................................

• Emily3 months agoReport

thank you

• Brian
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The best estimates by scientists place the number of fish in the ocean at 3,500,000,000,000. Counting the number of fish is a daunting and near-impossible task. The number is also constantly changing due to factors such as predation, fishing, reproduction, and environmental state.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.