Kode asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 12 months ago

Could the 2020 election be delayed because of the corona virus if there is still an outbreak in November?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the 2020 election will not be delayed.  

There is a small chance a vaccine will be available by October.  That can only happen if one of the vaccines developed for a similar virus can be modified. 

Note that the virus is almost certainly much more widespread in the USA than the statistics indicate.  If yes then lots of people will have experienced a mild case of the virus and have developed some immunity.  

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

The only ones who are delaying elections are Democrats. For example, the first state to cancel the Democratic primary election was Louisiana. It's all meant to protect Biden because he'd lose if the primary elections were held during this coronavirus hysteria when they're supposed to be. Old people wouldn't come out to vote, and Bernie would have a better chance at winning. This is blatant rigging against Bernie and very undemocratic.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Don't be silly. The elections MUST take place at the stated time according to law.

• Desire
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Why would that have to happen since you can vote by mail.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

NOPE!

You can always vote by mail!

Source(s): ANYONE but Trump - 2020
  • 12 months ago

For that to happen, both the Democrats and Republicans would have to agree, which is unlikely. If Trump tries to do it unilaterally, I think there would be riots because, after all, if this isn't under control by November, Trump's popularity will be in the single digits, if that. Trump does not have the legal authority to postpone an election.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Nope, sorry. I wouldn't put it past donnie to try though.

• ?
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Ooh, nice use of passive voice! Not completely implausible I guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.