promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionTalk Shows · 3 months ago

Hi, I went to the Ellen show and won something, do you think this is fair?

So Ellen is known for giving, and I don't really need anything, but this just doesn't seem right. Today at the Ellen show I was a contestant, she gave the first person a $500 gift card and the second person a $1000 gift card to Walmart, then I was picked and won a pear of Ellen underwear, and another contestant won a trip to Hawaii, later in the show she gave a family $25000, as I feel ellen is a giving perso, I feel like my time with ellen was a joke, and it seems unfair and hurtful, what do you think?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

I think you have an unfounded sense of entitlement.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • e9601:
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

IF I believe you, you are ungreatful and jealous.

• 2 months ago

I think you're a greedy beeyatch ! 

• 3 months ago

Yes, it was fair. You won more than most in the audience got.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Are you complaining that you didn't get $500+?  Or are you complaining that she gives gifts at all?

Look, Oprah pioneered the daytime talk format, and giving stuff away is part of the deal.  That stuff isn't coming out of Ellen's bank account, it's part of the show's budget.  They do that because it's part of the entertainment.  And I promise you there are people who put WAAAAAYYYYYY more thought into what to give and how much to give than you or I ever will.  

You got some underwear and you got a story.  Don't make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I can see your dispappointment, but it's still unappropriate.

Life isn't fair.

Billions of people who didn't get to be on that show got nothing, zero, zip, zilch. At least you got a pair of underwear. Why not just be thankful for that? Are you pissed people winning the lottery as well, while you don't? This jealousy of yours is futile.

• 3 months ago

'Giving people' don't actually OWE anyone ANYTHING! [including you]

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

How many people in the audience didn't win anything? I think you're just jealous and ungrateful. Ellen doesn't owe you anything. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Don't feed the troll.

Reported.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.