promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which was worse? The coronavirus, or the Chicxulub crater that killed off all the Dinosaurs?

Is the coronavirus as bad as the Chicxulub crater that killed off all the Dinosaurs?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Chicxulub meteor impact was one of the 5 worst mass extinctions of all time. Over 2/3 of all living species became extinct. The Coronavirus has not caused a single species to become extinct and is unlikely to do so. To make humans extinct, it would have to kill 100% of humans who get it. So far, about 1.5-3.5% of humans who contracted it have died.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We are here because of the dinosaur extinction, so if you like humans it was a good thing (although horrible).

But the coronavirus is killing us, so it's worse.

I guess your point of view determines your perspective!

• ...Show all comments
    • Jim
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

It might devastate the monkey and gorilla population...  But you said "which one was worse". That's kinda vague and left it open to ones point of view that dinosaurs are more valuable than humans, or humans are here, are they worth saving?

• Vahe
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The Chicxulub crater impact killed more beings than coronavirus, because it wiped out 2/3rds of all life on Earth.

• MARK
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I think the Chicxulub meteor impact may have been a tad worse and, of course, they did not have Trump to reassure them he was on the case.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Again, the K-Pg extinction event did not kill all the dinosaurs.  Two lineages of birds survived. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You mean the Chicxulub meteorite impact, not the crater.  The meteorite impact affected most life on Earth at the time.  I haven't heard that the coronavirus is impacting more than humans.  The human population is big enough if you ask me.  Probably the best thing for life on Earth is if the human population gets thinned.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i think theyre both equally bad

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

There are ratio's used to calculate population impact for illnesses. I am not sure how to work out that figure based on knowns. It is suggested that the death rate will be in the area of 4%. That the number of people infected doubles ever day. But that number is not a constant, it is based on a percentage of non-infected people. In theory it could never be bad enough to reach the point that every one would be dead from it.

As for me I don't buy the Chicxulub Crater theory for the extinction of the dinosaurs. There appear to have been a series of events of which the mentioned one is part of. Yellow Stone volcano, a massive firestorm and the drop in O2 levels from multiple causes all figure in.

• 3 months ago

You DO know that the extinction event caused by that impact wiped out 75% of ALL life on Earth, right ?

Wow and in no good ways.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

The dinosaurs would have jumped at the chance to pick the Corona virus if they had a choice.

• Ben3 months agoReport

The crater was so much worse, wasn’t it? This makes that look like a “Relaxing Day,” doesn’t it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.