Can I go to bank with a check with a invalid ID?

My permit expired in December 2019 (I still have it). I have a financial aid refund (from college) as a mailed check. I want to go to my bank to put the amount in my card/savings. Will I need to provide an ID. I don't have a college ID. 

Of course you can go to the bank.  They just won't cash your check.

Deposit the check directly to your existing account. And renew or get new govt-issued photo ID. You need it & should never have allowed it to expire! You knew when it would expire & had plenty of time to earn the money to pay for it.

• MS

You usually do not need ID to make a deposit.  But that varies by bank policy.

• A.J.

You can deposit the check. Rules for funds hold of deposits apply. You do not get access to the money right away typically.

Everyone should have a valid ID.

I don't see how you can have a financial aid refund if you are not enrolled in college, and EVERY college issues student IDs. I don't know if the teller will notice that your permit has expired, but I hope you're not trying to get away with something. 

Most of us have an online bank app and deposit our checks that way. 

• nutella3 months agoReport

I can deposit my check online??, I'm enrolled in college a real college, but I attend online classes

If you are putting depositing the check into your own account, in your own local bank, there should be no problem. Hopefully the tellers know you from previous visits. But more importantly, why don't you have a valid ID ? ! If you don't have a drivers' license, your local DMV can issue you a "non-driver's ID." Be a grown up for a change!

• nutella3 months agoReport

Are you gonna drive me to the DMV? Are you gonna pay for the ID? 

• kevin

to deposit you don't need ID if you already have an account.