promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 3 months ago

I developed from scratch my own software for autonomous vehicles that is comparable to Tesla's at a startup, and I can't get an interview?

I was the lead engineer for developing autonomous vehicle technologies for a start up locally, and I have to move due to family and I can't get any interviews for any software engineering jobs. I don't understand it. It's not like I'm applying to be a CTO or something, I have 4 years of industry work experience and have been programming since I was 11, so I have about 15 years of programming experience at 26 years old. I would say I'm more experienced that a junior developer considering my background and having been the lead software engineer for autonomous vehicle software, I know C++ like the back of my hand, but can't even get an interview for a mid level developer. I have a BS in CS as well

Update:

My LinkedIn shows my accomplishments and have several people with PhD's in my field that I 'm connections with recommending me as an employee that is showcased on my profile. I have also received an award from NASA for work I did in college.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Okay, that sounds good but this is a forum to ask questions, not make statements. That doesn't bode well for how you wrote your resume. Just saying.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

THANKS FOR RANTING. WTF DO YOU WANT US TO DO?

• 3 months ago

Elon said you didnt even need to graduate high school to work for him...its about your skills and drive.  

Anyway, I will start with one bit you might not like.  As lead developer for something this serious, I am skeptical you'd get that position without at least a masters.  Thats just my thought.  Programmer, sure, no problem...but to be 26 years old and be lead engineer...something isnt adding up. 

You also dont mention the name of the start up (not that we would have heard of them)...who knows whether Tesla or someone else would consider working for this startup to be useful experience...?  

I'd say...keep trying. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Keep applying !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.