Why has Best Buy stop carrying Music CD's?!?

The reason I'm asking this is because just recently which was last weekend me and my mom went out for my birthday outing to shop at at few stores. I wanted to shop at Wal-Mart and Best Buy! When I went into Best Buy to look around I only could find plenty of movies DVD's,PC computers,flat screen TVs,and etc. I went in expecting to buy a few music CD's  like have been before in previous years! I walked up to a sales associate and asked if they have any more music CD's here?! He said "No,I'm sorry m'am. When he said that I was surprised and disappointed!. I have not been into Best Buy in a while! The last time I check in Best Buy to buy a few music CD's was about a year ago!. I find this really strange and unusual that they don't carry them anymore! What happened? I know Wal-Mart has Movie DVD's and music CD's but they did not have what I wanted! I wanted to buy Pussycat Dolls/(Nicole Scherzinger), Janet Jackson, Howard Hewett and etc. I want to know where can I go to find

these music CD's ? What music stores would have them?!?If anyone knows please let me know! I would appreciate it Thank you for your time on this!

Favorite Answer

Music sales are mostly downloads now. There is very little demand for physical cds. So best buy has moved on.  Other stores will soon follow suit. Movies on DVD will be the next to go. People are downloading them. 

If you want actual cds check amazon.com. 

• Nikki3 months agoReport

Why is it that music CDs have real little demand for people to download them?! I think this is crazy! It almost doesn't make much sense to me! Please explain why people would be downloading them now! No rude answers! I would appreciate it.

What does this have to do with R&B? Why didn't you ask the store manager while you were there? Try searching on line for the recordings you want. Maybe Amazon?

They weren't profitable anymore.

Best Buy still exists?

• Nikki3 months agoReport

Yes, Best Buy still exists where I am!

Obviously because they were not selling enough of them.