I am 16 and I’ve had my license for under 6 months and I got a ticket in ohio. What are the punishments?

I was charged with speeding 55 in a 35. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the punishments were if I have a option to take a class to gets the points off my record or what happens. Or if I should try to fight the ticket. 

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The fines are EXACTLY THE SAME as if you were 32, and this was the first ticket you received. In Ohio, you can NEVER get points off your record, but taking the class increases the number of points required to suspend your license for a period of time.

In your case, the MOST you could accomplish by contesting the ticket is reducing the violation to the next lower level.

1 year ago

in ohio? well depending on your race you'll either be shot or invited to a bbq

1 year ago

20 over?  You will lose your license for at least a year.

Fight the ticket based on what proof that you weren't speeding?

• 1 year ago

i dont think you can fight 20 miles over the limit

• ?
    1 year ago

Fight it all you want. You're still going to lose!

20 MPH over the posted limit... You'll probably lose your driving privileges for at least a month. Maybe more. And expect to need an SR-22 in order to get your insurance back so you can drive again.