Why do companies like Coca Cola or McDonalds or Honda even advertise?

People are going to go to McDonalds regardless even if they never see a McDonalds commercial or advertisement ever again. It’s just engrained in American culture and already a monopoly in the industry. Same thing with Coca Cola or popular car companies.

Am I more likely to buy Wendy’s if I see an advertisement for a sandwich there? Not really. I make my decision on the go when I’m out driving around and what I’m craving not some commercial I probably won’t even remember from 4 days ago

• 2 days ago

Brand effect. Need to continuously enhance people's brand awareness.

It is called branding. They tatoo a coca cola message in your brain and when you are thirsty you go and buy coca cola 

They wouldn't IF people were all like you claim to be.

Big companies want to keep their customers AND motivate them to come back (purchase their product) more often.

subliminal messages. they re just reminding people in case they got distracted and forgot

It's not to establish their brand anymore, they did that.  The reason they continue to advertise transforms from brand establishing, into reminding.

They need to remind you that they're there, so they can take your brain and flip it back onto their product.

If you have to stop and think about where to eat, maybe McDonalds enters your head maybe not.  But if you have to decide where to eat and you just saw a McDs commercial a half hour earlier - then they're injecting themselves into your options.  Sure you might decide against it, but they know they've made the list regardless.  Which will sometimes result in yes, that's where you end up eating.

Quite simply because they're in the business of being in business and leisure travelers so basically they need to keep a reasonable reputation plus they enjoy convincing people  ( their respective customers ) that they're doing the right thing by shopping with their business besides, how would you like if someone did that to you if you owned one of their franchises

One more thing : if you don't l Iike to go into that particular store then you don't have to though, it's alright also if you do like to shop around there 

The thing that I'm getting sick of is youtube videos advertising - I paid for youtube premiums better deal and am still seeing sponsored videos - it's not totally the youtube users fault I blame more Googles greed and fear mongers 

someone like me doesnt go to mcdonalds that often, but when I see they have some new, I don't know, guacamole jalapeno mexican slider for 1.50, I wanna go check it out