promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 months ago

How can I find my social security number?

My dad wont give it to me until I turn 21

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Every child in USA who is a citizen has a SS# as part of growing up.  It's the law.  A child claimed as a dependent on tax forms must have that written in.  Also your number might be with your school records.  Anyone over 18 is an adult under the law, entitled to all rights under the US Constitution. That includes full access to all public government records.  That is enforced by the Freedom of Information Act.

See a lawyer.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

it's not a FOIA thing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

if you can find his tax returns, either paper or on his compute, you name and SSAN will be listed as a dependent.  Others have mentioned that school records likely have it.   Also:   https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.htm...

• 3 months ago

If you have a Social Security Number (SSN), you can find it on your Social Security card Some other places that you can find your SSN are on tax returns, W-2s and bank statements. You may even find it on previously filed USCIS forms.

• Lv 7
    3 months ago

go to the social security office and show them your birth certificate.

what do you need it for? you cannot use it until you are 18...

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

In some states you need to have your actual card with you to apply for a driver's license, for example, which often happens before you're 18.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Looks for your family's tax returns, has to be on there if they claim you.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Go to or call your local Social Security office, you will have the number is a matter of minutes. Seeing a lawyer or calling the police will do nothing for you. But most likely it is on your school records or listed somewhere else that has any records on you. 

• 3 months ago

Uh, so you're not working then? If you're over 18 .. perhaps involve the local Police.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

"involve the local police"?  Sure, as if they're going to have access to that information for joe random person, let alone have the authority to disclose it to you, even if they were to find it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.