Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 3 months ago

Can Corona Virus live on raw fish or meat?

I bought some raw meat and fish products from Amazon, they've been frozen, in storage.  I've been sent a cover note, informing me that some traces of the Covoid - 19 virus have been detected on some raw meat and fish foods.  Our Company will be cooking the meat, however the fish will remain uncooked.  How can we remove the virus?

Favorite Answer

It can live on any surface it touches for a certain period of time. As long as no one touches the substance and then transmits the virus to themselves by touching themselves without thoroughly washing their hands, there's no risk. Viruses can't live long on inanimate objects, they need a living host to replicate. Cook that piece of fish or meat and a virus is killed almost immediately.

• David

They reckon that's how it started through the sale of raw bat meat for human consumption in a Chinese market.

• curtisports2

Bats are not used as test subjects.  So they become safe scapegoats. The initial lie about snakes came to end when it was brought out that snakes do not carry coronavirus.

• Norman

Yes, they eat anything.

I think that’s how it started. From critters in a China market.