Is it wise or even possible to study abroad at this time?

I am a junior in high school and if everything goes well I should be graduating next June. I l have been planning to earn a bachelors degree abroad since I were in sith grade but I'm not sure if that will be possible now because of the virus. Could I still study abroad despite the virus and possible quarantine.

Now the epidemic is rampant, the safest approach is to reduce travel. Therefore, I personally feel that it is best not to study abroad. But during this period, you can search and learn about some schools and be familiar with the course application process. These preparations can make better know the schools and understand the course application. You can go to CatEight (https://www.cateight.com/) to have a try.

Youre ridiculous. you're talking about over a YEAR!!!

completely stupid.

Even the most devastating pandemics in history have burned themselves out. The horrors of the Black Death (bubonic & pneumonic plague), which killed up to 80% of those who contracted the illness, wiped entire villages off the map, did burn out. You hardly ever hear of anyone contracting bubonic plague in the past few centuries, and certainly no epidemics or pandemic. Covid-19 - this particular new strain of coronavirus - is nothing like the Black Death to begin with. And it will burn itself out.

You do not choose your school based on transitory events. It may be a complication at present & is likely to spread over the next few months unless countries shut down travel and impose fairly stringent quarantines for a while. They may develop a flu shot, or vaccine, although expect that could easily take 12-18 months. It's still a short-term concern.

This will either be history by the time you graduate, or half the world's population will be gone! Look up the SARS virus of about 20 years ago. My university cancelled a study program in China because of the virus, but it faded away and tens of thousands of US students have studied in China since then. 

You're as likely to get coronavirus in your own country as anywhere else.

Of course you can.  The world hasn't closed all their borders.  Unless you had your heart set on studying in Wuhan.

it might depend on where you go

• Adam

Well I live i a pretty safe place but if I go abroad to certain countries my work insist I take 2 weeks off work or work from home. The chances of getting the virus is very slim and few people die from it

By then this will all be old news...you're fine